School visits and, er, penguins’ bums…
What a week! I visited 8 fantastic schools and met hundreds of fabulous students, and I talked to them about penguins’ bums. OK, not JUST penguins’ bums… I chatted about what it’s like to be an author, where I get my ideas from and how books are made. And of course it was a bit of a celebration of my new book – ‘St Grizzle’s School For Girls, Goats and Random Boys‘.
So can I just shout out a great big THANK YOU to everyone I met at…
• HOLMEWOOD HOUSE SCHOOL in Tunbridge Wells
• ST JOSEPH’S SCHOOL in Highgate, North London
• HIGHGATE JUNIOR SCHOOL in Highgate, North London
• HOLY TRINITY & ST SILAS SCHOOL in Kentish Town, North London
• OUR LADY OF MUSWELL SCHOOL in Muswell Hill, North London
• HARRIS PRIMARY ACADEMY in Tottenham, North London
• ST JOSEPH’S SCHOOL in Covent Garden, Central London
• NORTH HARRINGAY SCHOOL in Hornsey, North London
And VERY big thanks especially to Beatrice, Ada and Ruby at St Joseph’s in Highgate for their gift of a super-cute drawing, and to Karolina and Mariam (for their ‘welcome’ messages) and Cedar class at North Harringay (for their pressie of a new notebook – yay!).
Have a great weekend reading, everyone! After my hectic but fun week, I’m off to lie on the sofa with my cat Dizzy and eat crisps (though she’s not getting any!).
Lots of lurve…
Karen McCombie :c)